- Builder is sacked for sharing pictures of 'laughable' wonky walls and shoddy brickwork
Keith Barker had shared evidence of what appears to be staggeringly uneven brickwork on properties at Persimmon Homes' Lodmoor Sands development in Weymouth.
- Billie Faiers and husband Greg Shepherd finally begin grand renovations on their £1.4M Essex home
The Dancing On Ice star, 31, admits that she's not speaking to the neighbours at her new property, after they opposed their plans to demolish the original rundown house.
- Spruce up your home as we show you how to make your own curtains
Myra Butterworth explains how to make your own curtains - complete with lining and pencil pleats - at home during lockdown, as she did, with a step-by-step guide.
- Ingenious new technology promises to take the strain out of housework
Housework will never disappear, alas. But a global technology revolution is set to make our homes simpler to operate - and also more hygienic.
- Top 15 best places to live in England Wales now
Bath in Somerset, Tenby in Pembrokeshire, Bradford on Avon in Wiltshire, Ilfracombe in Devon and Canterbury in Kent made up the top five of the most sought-after locations.
- The Welsh caves for sale for £150k with Fred Flintstone appeal
There are unusual properties and then there is this. These five caves near the Brecon Beacons are for sale with the woodland they sit in for £150,000.
- Isle of Skye bolthole where Donovan hosted George Harrison and Pattie Boyd is for sale for £435,000
The 18th Century Boathouse (pictured), which Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan converted into a home in the 1970s, is on the shores of Loch Bay on the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
- RUTH SUNDERLAND: There's hope this house price boom may be far from over
RUTH SUTHERLAND: COVID-19 has caused more damage to the UK economy than any other crisis in living memory, yet the housing market is booming. So why is this happening?
- David and Victoria Beckham 'get the green light to build super wine cellar housing 7,000 bottles'
David and Victoria Beckham have reportedly got the green light to build a super cellar housing 7,000 bottles of wine at their £6million Cotswolds home.
- Property searches double for the Cotswolds in lockdown
The area's pretty rural villages have long been a favourite among the rich and famous and lockdown has seen a fresh surge of interest.
- How to save your house sale from the stamp duty cliff edge
The stamp duty holiday's days are numbered. Rishi Sunak is said to have ruled out an extension to the tax break that ignited the housing market in the pandemic and saved buyers more than £3bn.
- How to improve your chances of getting a mortgage amid the pandemic
We provide some top tips for helping you to wade through the mortgage application minefield amid the pandemic
- Bored of your tiles? Here's how to add a touch of the exotic to your home
It seems that tiles earn their keep in practical ways in kitchens and bathrooms, while at the same time adding flourishes of colour and exotic rich textures to give any home a greater sense of place.
- Developers cashing in on growing demand for roof gardens
Lockdowns aren't easy for anyone, but for those one in eight UK households who have no access to a shared or private garden, they've been near impossible.
- Cheapest house for sale on Zoopla costs £29,950
The terrace property in the North East of England is listed for sale on property website Zoopla and has an asking price of only £29,950.
- UK demand for second homes in Spain up 39% in first week of January
The number of Britons seeking a second home in Spain soared in the first week of January by 39 per cent compared to the first week the year before, according to Taylor Wimpey Espana.
- What are the rules about estate agents about wearing masks or gloves?
I viewed a property for sale as lockdown was easing and the estate agent did not have a mask or gloves - while I was wearing both.
- Grand Designs: Amateur builder whose wife has cancer spends £275,000 transforming ugly shed
Greg, from Kent, appeared on Grand Designs tonight alongside his wife Georgie, who was battling skin cancer, as they transformed an abandoned barn into a stunning family home.
- Ban on tenant evictions is extended until the end of March after latest lockdown is announced
A ban on evicting a tenant has been in force for a large chunk of the pandemic and so it is perhaps no surprise that it has extended once again with the latest restrictions.
- House prices set to fall 'significantly' in the coming months
Last month, property prices, sales and buyer demand all increased, but at a slower pace than seen in previous months, the Rics said in its latest closely-watched survey.